Wednesday, August 06, 2008

If I were a super hero my super power would be...

Font identification. Lame huh? I know. I can't even come up with a good superhero name. But I can recreate these logos with ease because I know their fonts!






(I got to work on the Olympics when they came to Salt Lake City!)


same as:same as:

same as:same as:

Ha ha! I worked in graphic design for two years before I went to CalArts. So for a little change of pace, I thought I'd put up some of my more recent adventures in graphic design! This first one is not done at all and I don't really know why I'm posting it. I haven't shown it to my friend who it was designed for. And I still have to do the flame. Oh well.
This is the title logo for my film!
This is a design from some dog t-shirts my work had me do like 6 years ago. It got me an American Graphic Design Award! My friend and I are trying to reinvent them and get the website started again.


And lastly, Jen asked me to design her Animation Reel DVD cover for when she was applying to Disney:


She didn't go for it.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Ha ha, I am amazed! I wish I had that super power!

Jennifer Hager said...

Yeah dude! I love this post. Especially that amazing DVD cover. Makes me laugh everytime I look at. Haha!

Unknown said...

Have you heard Alex Hirsch's Pixar story idea called Fonts? It's fetchin' awesome.

Ideas for your superhero name:
Lady Font
Sheriff Serif
Typeface
Dingbatgirl
The Itallic Woman
Dr. Diacritics
The Rasterizer
Times-New-Woman

or you could team up with Adrian, Alex and Jen to become
The Fontastic Four

Heidi Gilbert said...

Ha ha! Austin! Dingbatgirl? And Typeface? Those two are my favorite! Ha ha! So great.

I'll have to ask Alex to pitch next time I see him.

SHANE PRIGMORE said...

Font-tastic!!! And I love those shark drawings below! Awsome!

Zio... said...

I absolutely love the Fetching Dogs illustration! I'd buy that t-shirt. I came across your blog by looking for border collie illustrations to get ideas for a new flyball team logo.